Jane Pirkis (University of Melbourne) wins the Stengel Award for research from the International Association for Suicide Prevention.
University of Queensland announces its staff research awards, including:
Foundation research: Yang Bai, (Bioengineering and Nanotechnology). Sarah Bennett, (Humanities and Social Sciences). Lee Hickey, (Agriculture and Food Innovation). Tom Rufford, (Engineering, Architecture, IT). Leanne Sakzewski, (Medicine). Teresa Ubide, (Science). Hongzhi Yin, (Engineering, Architecture, IT).
Higher degree research supervision: Katie Makar, (Humanities and Social Sciences). Alexander Scheuermann, (Engineering, Architecture, IT). Irina Vetter, (Molecular Bioscience). Andrew Whittaker, (Bioengineering and Nanotechnology).
Emerging advisor: Michael Piper (Medicine)
Commercialisation: James Vaughan, William Hawker with Pure Battery Technologies Pty Ltd.
Research partnerships: * Barbara Masser with Australian Red Cross Blood Service.
* Neena Mitter, Alice Hayward, Jayeni Hiti Bandaralage, Christopher O’Brien, Madeleine Gleeson, Christine Beveridge, Professor Bernard Carroll with a range of agriculture partners.
* Longbin Huang with Rio Tinto and Queensland Alumina Limited.
* Warwick Bowen, Christopher Baker, Rachpon Kalra with Lockheed Martin and NASA Glenn Research Centre.
* Lorraine Mazerolle, Sarah Bennett, Emma Antrobus, Elizabeth Eggins, Stephanie Cardwell with Queensland’s Department of Education and Police Service.
* Darren Martin, Nasim Amiralian, Pratheep Kumar Annamalai, Celine Chaleat, Alireza Hosseinmardi and Dugalunji Aboriginal Corporation.